Quotes to Live By
ACCOUNTABILITY: Doing what you said you would do, as you said you would do it, when you said you would do it- PERIOD!”
If you think you can or think you can’t- either way, you’re right”- Henry Ford
A person can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame someone else”
We choose problems we can’t solve, rather that choices or decisions we don’t like.”- Lee Thayer
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”- Neale Donald Walsch
Whatever you don’t communicate in any relationship will control the relationship”
Completion creates energy!”
It’s easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities”- Sir Josiah Stamp
It is more important to be doing the right thing than it is to be doing things right”- Henry Ford
The significant problems we have today cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.”- Albert Einstein
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”- Steve Jobs
It is easy to fool yourself. It is possible to fool the people you work for. It is more difficult to fool the people you work with. But it is almost impossible to fool the people who work under you.”- Harry Thayer
We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given a life. It’s up to us to make it good or bad.”- Author unknown
Until you commit your goals to paper, you have intentions that are seeds without soil.”- Anonymous
How I do ANYTHING is how I do EVERYTHING”
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.”- Aristotle
First you make your habits; then your habits make you.”
The only thing worse than training your employees and losing them is not training your employees and keeping them”- Zig Ziglar
The best advice we will ever give won’t be written or spoken; it will be in the example of how we live our lives. What are you an example of today?”
Model First, Then Teach”
Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”- Francis Chan
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
If it’s predictable, it’s preventable.”
Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.”- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant or stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error. Experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you, in various forms, until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is not better than “here.” When your “there” has become a “here,” you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something, about another person, unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
Having “somebody” is always worse than having nobody. At least you can totally count on nobody. And nobody costs you nothing!”
Success will not lower its standard to us. We must raise our standard to success.”
You cannot talk your way out of a problem that you acted your way into.”- Steven Covey
Thoughts become things.”- Albert Einstein
You either live from your vision or you live from your circumstances”
It normally isn’t people who fail. It’s the underlying systems and processes that fail.”- W. Edwards Deming
The last thing we want to do is very often the first thing we need to do. That being the case, what is the last thing that you feel like doing today?”- Bill Phillips
If your goals are larger than your need to be liked, then you will reach your goals. If your need to be liked is larger than your goals, then your goal will become the need to be liked.”
Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams you want to realize. Your words are the greatest power you have. The words you choose and their use establish the life you experience.”- Sonia Choquette